CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Romantic Get-a-way

So one of the benefits of Eddie teaching at Kaplan is he gets to know some really cool students. Especially the really cool students that have connections to a "hospitality company" and can get you crazy discounts to amazing first class restaruants and hotels in the Dallas metroplex. Eddie and I decided we needed to take advantage of said connections before the class was over and we never saw these people again...So we spent a weekend away from the boys (Thank you a thousand times over S & L) at the fabulous "W" hotel and ate at this crazy delicious Brazilian steakhouse (I don't know how to spell it but I know what it's called). It was wonderful to have a relaxing weekend away before the baby was due.


The evening starts with a self-portrait of course!


Check out the hotel! Towards the middle of the building there was a hole or piece of the building missing...that's where the pool was and the view was amazing. At the very top of the building there is the "Ghost Bar" and we had heard it was the best part about the hotel so we were so excited to go up and see it when we got back from dinner. Of course when we got back it was closed to the public unless you wanted to pay a $150 VIP pass because the New Kids on the Block had rented it out...I was sorely tempted, but we passed.



The softest robes I had ever felt! And you can't see it but in the bathroom it had this really cool rain forest shower-head and awesome samples of their lemon-zest lotion...which you totally know I took home with us. (We also accidentally took home the remote control...I don't know how.)



A room with a view...Which you totally can't see in this photo cause the window is just glaring, but I promise it was great.



Don't mind the gigantic pregnant belly...The food was amazing and I only wished I had had more room to pack more food down.

0 comments: