CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 6, 2009

It's been two years...


So two years ago today I was sitting by my mom's side as she said her final goodbyes to family and friends. I haven't been able to write down my experiences or feelings about the event and I still don't feel like I can do it. Tomorrow is the official day she passed, but she's been on my mind all day today.

As I was going through my pictures today looking for one of my mom I noticed a theme...She up to the end smiled her true smile for her grandkids.

Holding Drew's hand.

Getting to know his Grandma Cherry.

Giving Nate old sugar-free candy from her purse...

My mom lived her life to be a Grandma. I wish she could still do this...

And the grandkids favorite...The Grandma Train.

We all miss you. More than you know.

But I know I'll see you again soon...like this. Free from pain and suffering and smiling with your whole being. I love you Mom.

13 comments:

The McGraths said...

That was sweet Tracy. Much love in Happiness tomorrow. Hugs, Cindi

Mommydew said...

That was beautiful! Call me if you need someone tomorrow, you know I'll be there! Love you.

Lexi said...

This post really touched me. The pictures are so sweet. I never really knew your mom, but I always hear SO many good things about her. I know Jeff's family still thinks about her and misses her. They always talk about her with the highest regards and say that you remind them of her.

I'm sure little Maggie was in her grandma's arms before she joined your family here on earth. We'll be thinking of your family tomorrow.

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

She's closer than you think Tracy - although she can't be a hands on g'ma right now, her love & prayers for her children & grandchildren are still as powerful as ever. Every time you think of her & remember tender moments with her I'm sure she is smiling. Know that you are loved.

Amanda said...

Tracy, what a sweet and touching post. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family... much love. Panda

Kristi Cherry Fletcher said...

I love you, my sweet sister!

Sally said...

Your mom, and your family, are beautiful. And you are amazing. I know your mom is watching you and is so proud of what you are doing! (and it was so great to see y'all!!) Love you!

Anonymous said...

I was thinking about your mom the other day. I miss her too. She always made me feel so special and brought a smile to my face.

kirbyzoo said...

Your Mom was an extremely loving woman! I remember the very first time I met her and she welcomed me into the "family" without batting an eye. I truly believe she's closer than we realize!!

Melissa Telford said...

Tracy, what a sweet tribute to your mom. We are all better for having known her and having been loved by her. I love you! Liss

DeCaires Family said...

I just checked your blog and that post made me cry. Your mom was amazing and I always saw her as my second Mom. My heart goes out to you as you struggle every year wishing she were still here. I love you TC!

Susan said...

I haven't read blogs in awhile, so I'm just seeing this. And I have to tell you what a beautiful tribute it is to your mother! You are a wonderful daughter and a fabulous mom!

Jennifer said...

I lost track of your blog for a while, so I just saw this today. You are so wonderful Tracy. It made me want to cry (in a good way)...at least in part because we are just a couple weeks shy of the first anniversary of James's Mom's death. I'm so glad I ran across this before we get to that day. Smile!