CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

President Kimball Story



So one of the benefits to having a family website is I get to hear really awesome stories from my Aunts and Uncles and their experiences growing up as they watch all of their family going through similiar life experiences. It is always fun when you get a story you haven't heard before, like this one:

In the words of my Aunt Becky:
"Jan (my Aunt Jan...sister of Becky) could probably post a more accurate version since her memory is much better than mine! But this is what I remember: We happened to be in Hawaii the same time that the prophet was visiting. We went to the Polynesian Cultural Center and found that Pres. Kimball was visiting at the same time. We followed his group around the Center and watched that dear man be covered with leis. They got so high on him that he could hardly see! The next day we went to Stake Conference and guess who was speaking! Anyway, after church, a local family asked us over for dinner. Jan and I were teenagers and they only had young children and we thought we were way to cool and decided that we didn't want to go. So mom and dad took us back to the hotel and extracted the promise that we would not go to the beach. After they left, Jan and I looked at each other and said "the pool is not the beach!" and put on our 2 piece suits and headed for the elevator. On the way down, the elevator stopped and President Kimball and his assistants got on. Jan and I looked at the floor all the way down to the main floor, doors opened and President Kimball got off. We stayed on and went back up to the room and put our Sunday clothes back on and stayed in the room the rest of the day. I didn't get the chance to shake his hand or introduce myself because I was too embarrassed. It was a powerful lesson at the time about how we might feel in front of the Savior. May we not meet Him in metaphorical two piece swimming suits having done what we shouldn't have done!"

Wow! What a powerful image huh? I love my family!

1 comments:

Amanda said...

wow. that was really cool. I love the idea of a family blog!