CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 24, 2008

My last few days...

I just needed to get this out there cause I'm sure if I make fun of my experience I'll be able to laugh about it a little easier and hopefully sooner. Yesterday was spent in doing loads, and loads, and loads of laundry and it continued in to today. Nathan went down for his nap in his pull up cause he still wakes up soaked, and about 20 minutes later walks out asking for a wipe. I look at him and see poop running down his leg onto my carpet and I scream! Drew, bless his beautiful sleep through anything but a door creak soul, slept through the whole thing. Nathan had gotten poop all over the wall next to his bed, his comforter and sheets and one pillow. It was a nightmare to get his clothes off of him without getting it all over the floor and more importantly me. I then put him in the bathtub to clean him which meant I then had to bleach the tub on top of quickly laundering his bed items and removing poop out of my carpets and bleaching the wall. After Nate got out of the tub, I battled for over an hour and half to get Nate to nap in my bed. He didn't nap, and was a monster the rest of the day. To top it all off, in the wee hours of this morning he comes into our room asking for a wipe. (Notice a trend here? yikes!) He had blood all over his PJ's, his freshly laundered comforter and sheets and pillow and specifically his right pointer finger. Argh! Thankfully Eddie got the pillows into the wash and I got the rest of the items into the wash and no stains as of yet. However, he had another bloody nose this morning, yep he did ask for a wipe, and got it all over my carpet and his clothes. While I've been trying to deal with all of this, we don't have a single clean dish in the house and the pile of laundry has turned into a mountain...and I have the pictures to prove it.

I need a nap.

The reason I have so much laundry in the first place.



Nathan has had fun playing on the mountain all day today, but thanks to Eddie's amazing efforts, the mountain has turned into a hill and many folded piles.



And I'm embarrassed to admit this, but these dishes are still sitting on my counter. I keep promising Eddie I'll do them, but the task always seems so daunting and then I tell myself I'll do them tomorrow. What is it that President Monson always says, "If we live only for tomorrow, we'll eventually have a lot of empty yesterdays."

12 comments:

Jami said...

Woah, pretty gross! Why is it that only moms get to clean up the super-yucky stuff?

Kira said...

Been there Tracy...here's to many more days/weeks of "fun." :)

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

"Cooking & cleaning can wait till tomorrow for babies grow up, much to our sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs & dust, go to sleep. I'm rocking my baby cause babies don't keep." Mary or Martha? You've chosen the good part. Kids are a lot of work, but look at those beautiful little faces - it is the purest love ever!

DeCaires Family said...

Your boys are absolutely gorgeous!!! Can I just tell you! I am so happy to see your blog and feel like I know what is going on with you. I want you to know that when you are having those hard days, you can always call me. We could have complained together this past week as Aiden went 6 days with a fever. Although I think my cabin fever was ten times worse then his illness.

Mardi said...

Random question - how did you make the scrubber orange and the rest of the picture black and white???

Tracy Haws said...

Joni showed me the coolest FREE program called Picasa. You should check it out!

Darcee said...

I'm so glad you found us! I had to come check out your blog, too. Brent and I had so much fun catching up on you guys. Your boys are soooo cute! I feel your pain. It makes me feel better considering my house looks like a bomb went off inside at the moment!

erin said...

oh, poop... that stuff scares me so... almost as much as vomit. i do NOT look forward to solid-food puke and doodie, bless your heart tracy! you're a good woman!

Mikel said...

Yikes! I second Erin...you are a GOOD woman!

Bill Gates II said...

I am so sorry Tracy:) I second everyone's comments. You are a good woman and hopefully it will get better.

Blog Stalker said...

Too funny! We had an accident at a friends house with our little poty trainee! talk about gross.

Lauren said...

Yeah, that's when I go and buy paper plates. Which is as often as I can convince my husband that it is necessary for my sanity. Your boys are too cute!