CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

My Babies

Dear Nathan, Andrew, and Maggie,

There are a million and one things I should be doing right at this moment, but nothing more important than what I need to do, and that is tell you how much I love being your mother. I'm honored and blessed. Come what may in your life, never doubt that I love you and that you are cherished and special. You are my world; and it is a world of light and laughter and joy and tears and overwhelming hope. And the love I have for you is but a small fraction of the love your Heavenly Father has for you. He allows me to have a small token of His love in my heart.

I don't know when you will read this letter...where you will be in your life, what struggles or trials you might be facing, what accomplishments you will have reached, what dreams you may hold, but know my love and never let go. I am not perfect. I make mistakes every day. And I pray that your Dad and I will have taught you through our mistakes to whom to look for forgivness. Life is hard. Really hard. And at times your heart will hurt, your faith may waiver, you will see injustice and pain as well as happiness and joy and kindness. But let me tell you that there is one source of healing and peace and it lies in the arms of our Savior. He lives. He loves you. He is my Savior...He saves me.

You won't remember your Grammy Cherry, my Mom, but it's been almost 3 years since she's been gone and I still ache to see her. And it's hard. Really hard. But I have found solace and comfort. The ache doesn't go away, it's not taken from me, but somehow I breathe through until the ache lessens and my heart is filled with peace and love and an assurance that God lives. We are not on Earth for an easy life or one filled with no turmoil, but we can do hard things. "Come what may, and love it."

Love you. I miss you already thinking about you all grown and out in the world on your own. Don't grow up too fast. And try to listen the first time. :)

Love always and forever,
Mom

4 comments:

DeCaires Family said...

I love your letter! I need to write one to my kids to have. I think it would be a great thing for them to read in the future. You are a great Mom, hang in there and on the bad days...give me a call...we all have them!

neil and jes said...

Oh Tracy. This brought so many tears. What a special, poignant letter that your children will cherish at so many different moments of their lives.

I want you to know how much I admire you. Your devotion as a mother is such a wonderful example to me.

I miss your mom so much. So I can only imagine what it must be like daily for you. And I want you know I think of you often. And how much I love you. I am so grateful to call such WONDERFUL people like you and Kristi cousins of mine!

Love you.

Connie said...

This letter is wonderful! I am glad you shared it here on your blog. It is an inspiration to many I am sure!

Jeana said...

still wiping away the tears. I love you! You kids are so lucky and truly BLESSED to have you. This is a letter they will treasure forever.Thanks for sharing. You have inspired me to do the same.