CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 13, 2010

Eddie's Birthday Party


I really need to be better about documenting major family events as soon as they occur, rather than waiting two months...Maybe then I'll have more memories to share. Eddie celebrated his 30th birthday on June 17th and I had kind of last minute decided to throw him a surprise birthday party. His actual birthday was on a Thursday and I decided to throw him a party Friday night. Oh but not just any party, an 80's themed party. Some day I hope to have discretionary funds to spend on a killer party; but until that time, we'll make do with slap bracelets, jelly bracelets, 80's music and movie trivia, awesome prom back drops, hand made posters (thanks M and J!) and totally wicked awesome friends that would come dressed up and partake in the festivities. I wish I had gotten more pictures of the actual par-tay but you can go check out Jeanette's Facebook page for more. ;) We played "The Dance Family Game: 80's Style" and laughed and reminicsed about our childhood, watched parts of "Ferris Bueller's Day Off", played with Eddie's new remote control helicopter, ate pizza and snacks and for his birthday cake (he doesn't like cake) we did a strawberry short cake truffle.

I think my brother Mike owned this very shirt...but proud to say, never, never, never these pants.

You can't see it, but the back of my shirt has a heart cut out.

J & M were gracious enough to let us use their house for the party and to help me dupe Eddie into thinking we were just doing a double date. (Side note: when planning a suprise party last minute, it helps to cry a lot and make your husband think you failed in planning him a suprise party for his birthday but in reality you're having it the next day. But the tears have to be real and convincing so that when it's obvious something is going on he still won't have any hope alive that you're doing something special for him.)


A & J. A had the quincessential boots...Loved it!

M & J. I don't know how she did it, but M had the perfect lipstick for the occasion!

Pregnant and still the life of the party! J & N.

M & M. truly the best authentic 80's outfit M! this actually was her mom's workout gear from the 80's.

1 comments:

Sally said...

Hee hee hee!! Thanks for sharing! I will never forget these photos :D