CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 3, 2009

What happens at the gym....

does NOT stay at the gym! I was pulled out of my spin class yesterday by a gym employee letting me know that my child had been bitten and he wouldn't stop crying. I just assumed, silly me I know, that he got bitten on the finger or something a little less traumatic but no, some kid bit my son on the face! He left teeth marks, drew blood and a full 24 hours later looks like this still.

 
 

Now call me crazy, but if I got pulled out of my class, shouldn't the mother or father or responsible adult of the other child get pulled out as well? And call me crazy but wouldn't you think a child who drew blood of another child wouldn't be allowed to stay in the gym and play with the other children? You would think he would at least be sitting in a time out or something...but I guess that's not how my gym rolls. They have a firm "three strikes your out" rule and I'm baffled as to why this child would be allowed to bite or hit or hurt two other chilren before any discipline is taken. So my poor tramatized child (granted at times overly dramatic child) cried for a good few hours after the event and I had to leave early from my workout but this other child was allowed to keep playing with the other children, with no consequence to his actions and they assured me they would inform his parent when they came to pick him up. LAME!!! I keep trying to think about the situation from the other way around, what if it were Nathan that had biten another child...I would want to be pulled immediately so I could make Nathan apologize and then leave as a consequence to his choice. I think. Granted I would have been just as angry as I was yesterday but probably towards my child rather than another child and dumb 24-hour fitness workers and policies. But when I think about it I just get upset all over again. I tried to talk to the club manager and he just passed me off to some 800 number so that poor operator got an ear-full but I felt at least some gratification that she was going to pass my complaint along to the district manager who would be sure to contact me within 3 business days. Well, it's day 1 of 3, so we'll see if anyone calls me back.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I were the kid that bit someone else's kid, I'd want to apologize!!! Gosh, kids these days!

Mommydew said...

Um, yeah I would be ticked! If you need another member to back you or complain with you, let me know! You are a saint for not waiting there for the other kids parent to show and discuss it with them. There is no way I think a child that bits another child, that freaking hard, should be left to play.

Jeana said...

That is crazy! I couldn't agree with you more. I am sorry poor little guy :(