CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Bad choices.

So the other night I was bathing the boys, and usually when I ask, "Whose turn is it first?" Nathan quickly chirps in that it is Drew's turn. And since Drew doesn't talk, he does usually go first. As was the case that night. I finished Drew and removed him to get on his new summertime pajamas. Since Nate was still playing in the tub (yes I leave my child alone in the 3 inch deep water...please don't report me) I took the time to lotion up Drew and put on his diaper cream, etc...the whole kit and kaboodle. Once he was all dressed, I left the room to go find a clean towel for Nate when all of a sudden I hear, "No, no, NO, NO Drew! I said NO Drew! Bad choice, Drew, bad choice!" Well sure enough I go running into the bathroom and there sits Drew in the bathtub with Nathan fully clothed in his new pajamas.

Bad choice indeed son. I wasn't laughing at the time, but man once they were in bed I couldn't stop laughing. The look on Drew's face when I turned that corner and just the memory of Nathan trying his hand at parenting...priceless.

The other bad choice faced this week was thankfully not one made by us, but by the builder of our home. They didn't show up for the last inspection. So, the inspector had talked to them earlier in the week and they showed him the letter they gave us and the picture of our dead lawn. Basically, the inspector still showed up just so it would be documented he was there and the builder wasn't and to tell us that his inspection stands and that he would be letting the appeals committee know just what he thinks of the builder. So, now we wait. Again. From the day the builder gets the new inspection report, they have 45 days to get us a plan of action. If after 45 days they have made no effort to get us a plan, their "registration" to build will be revoked...I'm sure they can find loopholes around that and still build using different names, but our plan will be to take them to court. So that is where we are at for now.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

HA! Justin's mom often says to me... "I don't know how you do it every day..." after she's had the kids for an afternoon...

my response is usually "I' ve got a good sence of humor, I guess!"

Laugh it off, wright it down... so when they come to you when their kids do the same thing... you can laugh and enjoy a little 'pay back.'

sorry about the issues with your house. What a bummer. i hope you get this settled soon!! miss you.

Jamie and DaLena said...

Goodness Haws' family, sorry to hear about the house problems...we wish you the best.
Congratulations on the baby! How very exciting. Can't wait to find out what you are having.
Miss you all.

Jeana said...

so cute! I can't wait to see all of you in July!!! I fly in on the 25th as for now (still waiting to see if a ding fare comes through before then... so it could possibly change. I for sure will be there by the 27th because that is when i need to be but I a trying to plan either staying a couple days before or after to see you!! When it is closer and set in stone I will send you the flight info but know it is the last week in July. So sorry about the house problems what a mess. love you and miss you TONS!