CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

My birthday...Man I'm getting old. ;)

Not really...I know I'm still a youngin'. So for my birthday this year I gave myself a present. I signed up to run a 5K for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. I even got Eddie to sign up for it too and thanks to M and J for lending us their double jogging stroller. We got there and it was packed! My favorite part of the whole experience was just before the race as the national anthem was sung. It was so beautiful and it hit me why it was that I wanted to run the race in the first place. My mother's mother, my Grammy, had breast cancer and eventually lost the fight on October 24, 2003. Because of this, and also because this was the type of person my mother, she was always a huge supporter of breast cancer research and proudly wore her pink ribbon. She had a pink ribbon pen, her personal checks were pink with pink ribbons, she had pins and earrings and you name it...So really this race, which so perfectly fell on my birthday, was really in their honor. And what a perfect way to celebrate my birthday, by celebrating the lives of those that gave me mine.


Here are my boys right before the race.


And here we are at the end of a very long "cattle herding" experience...It was so horrible I can't even write about it. There were over 30,000 people there walking, cause there certaintly weren't any running like we were trying to.

The day definetly got better when Eddie took me out that night to see "The Merchant of Venice" in an outdoor theater. It was heavenly to spend some one on one time with the love of my life. We had a great time and recommend it to anyone in the North Dallas area.






Isn't it so fun when you get to remember why it is you fell in love in the first place? Eddie, I love you and thank you for making my birthday wonderful! I'll canoodle with you anyday!

4 comments:

erin said...

happiest of birthdays! you're looking lovely in every shot... your hair is so fetch. love it.

Susan said...

Happy Birthday! I'm so glad the race went well - what a lovely way to honor your mom. And I agree - you look great!

Tracy Haws said...

I don't know how to make a sheepish face on this, but consider this the equivalent of my red, embarrassed face. Thanks girls!

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

Cute new do! Hope your bday was grande!