CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Grand Tour Part 5 & 6: Sacramento and San Jose

SACRAMENTO

After our trip to Medford, we started the trip back home. At this point in the trip, I would like to add that Maggie was teething, Nate was getting sick and Drew had pink eye in both eyes. Really bad pink eye. On our way back we were going to stop in Sacremento to see Tamara, but we had to add a stop to pick up our van and drop off the rental car. (Thank you Bev and Christy for making that a fast, smooth transition!) For the above two reasons, we didn't get to Tamara's on Sunday like I thought we would and therefore didn't get to spend the night into Monday. But we did manage to get there for a delicious dinner and for some awesome catch-up talk. Can I tell you how much I love this girl? It's like no time has passed when we do get to see eachother.


I love that in this picture you will find Tam "barefoot and pregnant". We are so thrilled for Tamara and Curtis to become parents and can't wait to meet this little girl. I love you and miss you Tam!

SAN JOSE
Monday night we made it back to my Dad's around 11 or so and went right to bed. The next morning while I was doing some laundry and re-packing the van, Drew asked to go play at Alisha's house, Nate was content playing dress-up/make-believe and Maggie was busy sleeping away. When I was all done, I went in search of my children. And this is what I found:

"Hi Mom. I'm so excited to see you. Come on in."

"Oh no, I think that is dinner burning."

"Oh that is okay, we'll just order out."

When I went next door to retrieve Drew, I found him in Alisha's room coloring. He clearly didn't miss me at all. ;)

Sue (my next door neighbor mom) has this awesome chest of toys and in there Drew found this Lightening McQueen coloring pad and was busy coloring away with it. He didn't want to leave it...but Alisha said he could take home the coloring page.

Clearly, anything Alisha says, goes. Drew would follow the ends of the earth to be with Alisha. Even now, looking at these pictures Drew said, "That's my friend. Him loves me very much." (He calls everyone "him" right now, including me. I'm told it's a developmental thing...let's hope!)

Drew unpromptedly (is that a word) wanted to give Alisha a kiss/zerbert. He doesn't even do that with me. Just for the record, Alisha has won Drew's affection for life.

0 comments: