CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Grand Tour Part 4: Medford Oregon

MEDFORD OR BUST

Well we definitely reached the "or" part and the car definitely reached the "bust" part. As you will notice in the below picture, this car is not the van.

And there is a really good story why it's not the van. See the van was in the car mechanic's shop in Marysville (for the 4th time on this road trip) and my sweet, sweet Grandpa rented us a car so we could still make the trip up to see him. My sweet, sweet Aunt Jan drove the way up with me so I wouldn't have to go alone and it was heaven on earth to be the passenger for once and to just gab away with my Aunt whom I hadn't seen in a while. The kids had a BLAST in the back because they were within touching distance of eachother. Needless to say, I was nervous about the touching distance, but they really did a great job. They were very sweet playing and sharing with eachother, but the noise level was definitely a lot higher than I was used to in the van...man when they're right behind you it gets REALLY loud. And Maggie had no problem joining in with the ruckus.

And this right here is the reason we made the trip up to Oregon. I hadn't been to Medford for almost 10 years and although I got to see my Grandpa 2 Christmases ago, it wasn't a very long visit or a substantial visit on my part because Maggie was just a few months old. This time, I got to spend a few days with them and see their new house and go to church with them. I love my Grandpa Cherry and I'm so grateful that I got a chance for my kids to be with him and Grandma Betty. It was a wonderful trip.

Having Keri's kids there was just the icing on the cake. Keri had just gotten back from a hectic trip to Utah just to return for a wedding shoot and so "Grandma Kathy" (my Aunt Kathy) had volunteered to watch the girls. The boys had soooo much fun with Kate who was kind and patient with them. I think she pushed them on that swing outside for hours.

And this is what happens when you ask for a silly shot. Not much difference for Drew, but I think Kate and Nate gave me some good faces.

Say cheese!

Haylee was perfectly content to cuddle up on the couch and watch a movie.

But truly all four of them had a great time laughing and playing and enjoying the time together.

0 comments: