CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Father's Day Present Gone Awry

So for Father's Day my good friend Jami came up with an idea to make matching ties for the father's and son's. Loved it! So we got together to follow our fearless leader Mardi and make some ties. Okay, so in these following pictures you will see that I still need some work on adapting a pattern to fit the recipient. None-the-less, not bad for a sewing novice's first time making or following a pattern.
So Andrew's tie was a little too long, Nathan's was a little too short and fat and Eddie's was so short that I made him button his coat to hide it...In fact, if you look really close, I think you can see his white shirt but no hint of orange at the bottom of his jacket.

And here are some pictures of the not-so-photogenic Haws' family attempting to get a family shot:






Happy Father's day to the love of my life! Thank you for being such an amazing father!

7 comments:

April said...

Aw! You have such a cute family and you look great! I love the ties! You are so brave!

Jeni said...

Tracy...the ties are incredible! I wouldn't even know where to begin on something like that. Good job! I also have to say that your dress is adorable. Hope all is well! :)

Mardi said...

They turned out great - especially for a first try. And your family pics are darling.

Ella WILLIAMSON said...

What beautiful pictures of Haws Family. WE really miss you. WE are doing well in Salt Lake City.

Susan said...

Such a cute idea! Sewing seems easy, but for some of us it is so hard!!! :) They still turned out cute though. Love the pics! I'm feeling for you in the 100+ heat! It's only 90 here today and me and my pregnant self are dying!!!

Mimi Crisenberry said...

I think you guys are totally photogenic! Cute pictures, and the different ties are kinda fun! At least you tried out a creative present, right?

Amanda said...

Cute family pics. LOVE the one of you and Eddie at the end. the ties are darling! no, i didn't get around to making any. i opted for easy father's day gift... candy. :)

Miss you Tracy Bird!! sending you HUGS!

love panda