CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

"This is Me"

Thanks to Joni's big win, I discovered a truly inspired post from Mommy Snark. She creates a list of things that she "is" and then writes:

"And you know what? I like this person that I am. In this skin, in these jeans, I am comfortable. Sometimes though, I slip. I hesitate to embrace the reality of me and instead look at what others are, what others can do."

"I compare."

At times in my life I've been able to say, "I like this person that I am." But mostly, I haven't been able to. I feel like this is part of the journey I'm on. To be able to say it, mean it, and be okay with Me. I have learned that it can slip away all too quickly and I don't want it too ever again. And the fastest way it slips is when I start to compare myself to other people and other standards. I think taht is why I loved Mommy Snark's post so much...she states, "I remember that when I love who I am, it is much easier to love others for who they are." And truly, I'm surrounded by so many people who I love and love me. And so, my journey continues.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

AMEN SISTA! wow. i needed that today too! love ya.

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

We all are guilty of comparing ourselves - it's one of Satan's biggest tools to throw us off course. You are awesome because you are a daughter of God, the end.

Net said...

Thanks for that. The post on Mommy Snark was seriously awesome.
I think it is so hard to remember not to compare. Especially when you are struggling, because most the time you don't see other peoples' struggles.
Great reminder.
And you know what? I love you!

Net said...

ok, p.s.
you have to go look at the video I just posted. HILARIOUS. And yet, so on the mark. If only we could tap into this kid's enthusiasm for ourselves...

Natalie said...

Keep it up sista! We love you!

Kira said...

What a great post! I got your blog comment saying that you would be passing through sometime in July. Sorry it's taken me so long to write back - I am victim of the newborn time warp. Time is passing quickly and yet standing still at the same time. Weird. When are you coming through? We would LOVE to see you and your cute little family. Let me know what your plan is and we will see if we can work something out. It's been sooo long!