CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 5, 2008

My first Post

This may be my first posting in cyberspace. I feel like there is an echo to everything I'm saying, as if I am speaking to the vastness of the universe. OK, enough of that. Let's get down to the reason I am posting today. I love my wife. My gorgeous, funloving, supportive wife is at home while I am at the lab. (9:40 pm on a Friday) My mouse brain tissue has a one hour incubation left before I can continue with the experiment, and so I have been trying to stay busy writing, but instead found myself surfing the net. Again, I am drifting off topic as I feel my thoughts permeate this expansive and mysterious world of solitary sociality. Tracy, has been caring for our two cute children everyday at home, like many of her friends do with their little ones. Kids get sick, they get cranky, she gets sick and tired. The house seems to dirty itself moments after we all get up, and yet she greets me with a smile and a kiss when I come home each day, as if my stress needed more relief than hers. True, that if everything fell apart at the lab and I flunked out of school we would have no money or income and I would be looking for another proffession. But my stress is meaningless compared to that of teaching a child right and wrong and providing a good example for toddlers who don't seem to be paying attention anyway, and doing all that while constantly trying to take feelings of frustration from your mind. I believe her responsibility is infinitely greater than mine. As I write this I realize that I may be putting a little pressure without intending to. So to make my point, I just wanted to say thank you to my sweet wife who successfully accomplishes her responsibility while still finding time give me a healthy dose of joy.

5 comments:

Chelsea said...

How unbelieveably sweet!! Tracy you got a good one!! You guys are amazing!

kirbyzoo said...

Oh my gosh! Eddie needs to hold a seminar for all the rest of us!! What a sweetheart you've got there Tracy!!

Bilbo said...

Tracy, this is what you get when your blog is not properly password protected (i.e., your husband gets online and professes his love and admiration for his wife!)

...oh wait, that was a good thing. I've always known he was a keeper.

Uncle Bill

aaron and meg facer said...

Eddie, that was a very tender tribute to Tracy. And well deserved. I think she's wonderful!

Jeana said...

Eddie I couldn't agree more. The world that comes to mind every time I think about Tracy is AMAZING! You are both so lucky to have each other! We miss you guys here in Cali.